Top 10 Nigerian Artists with Highest Number of Streams, Earnings on Spotify

Alt: = "top 10 Nigerian artists on Spotify"

The list of highest earners on popular music app, Spotify has been revealed with over N17.94 billion earned by 10 top Nigerian music artists.

The money was earned based on the number of streams they were able to get from music lovers around the world.

While the figures could be an estimate, it provides insight into how important the entertainment industry has become for the Nigerian economy. 

However, a report noted that only about 70 percent of the total revenue goes directly to the artist. The platform itself absorbs the other 30 percent.

The figures were calculated using an online Spotify royalties calculator. 

Top 10 Nigerian Musicians Number of Streams and Amount Earned

1. Wizkid

Wizkid is number on on the list with 4.4 billion streams, earning him $15,312,000 (N6.42bn)

2. Burna Boy

Burna Boy has over 2.7 million live streams worth $9,674,400 (N4.06bn), earning him second position after Wisikid.

3. Mr. Eazi

Mr. Eazi's songs stream about 1.3 billion with estimated earning of $4,628,400 (N1.94bn). This places him third on the top 10 Nigerian artists on Spotify.

4. Ckay

Number on the list is Ckay, whose songs stream 1 billion times with estimated earning of about $3,549,600 (N1.48bn).

5. Davido

Davido is number 5. He has 909 Streams with estimated earning of about $3,163,320 (N1.32bn).

6. Maleek Berry

We have Maleek Berry at number 6 position with 516 million streams and $3,549,600 (N753.26m) earning.

7. Tems

Tems songs have 412 million streams and $1,433,760 (N601.4m), coming 7th on the top 10 list.

8. Rema

At spot 8 is Rema, whose songs stream about 356 million times with estimated earning of $1,238,880 (N519.69m)

9. Fireboy DML

Fireboy DML's songs have streamed for about 300 million numbers, and have earned him $1,044,000 (N437.94m) and 9th position on top Nigerian artists on Spotify.

10. Tiwa Savage

At the bottom of the top 10 list is Tiwa Savage. Her songs have streamed for about 270 million number of times with estimated earning of $939,600 (N394.15m)

Top 10 Nigerian artists on Spotify"

Exchange rate N419/$

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post